Tuesday, January 22, 2008

My Favorite Movie

"Scaling the Cliffs of Insanity, Battling Rodents of Unusual Size, Facing torture in the Pit of Despair. - True love has never been a snap."
The Princess Bride has been my favorite movie since I can remember. This film has it all: comedy, action, romance and more. It stars Cary Elwes, Robin Wright, Christopher Guest, Mandy Patinkin, Andre the Giant, and Billy Crystal, among others and is directed by Rob Reiner. One of my favorite scenes is the sword fight between Westley (Elwes) and Inigo Montoya (Patinkin). It fills me with excitment and at the same time has me cracking up. The movie was released in 1987 (I was planning on only writing about new movies, but I couldn't neglect this classic.) If you have never seen this movie please go rent it tonight. I promise you will fall in love with it.

No comments: