Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Be Kind Rewind

I recently saw the movie Be Kind Rewind. It is written and directed by Michel Gondry, the genius who made Eternal Sunshine for the Spotless Mind, The Science of Sleep, and all those cool music videos for bands like Radiohead and The White Stripes. Be Kind Rewind stars Jack Black, Mos Def, Danny Glover, and Mia Farrow. In a nutshell, all the movies in a small, vintage video store are erased, so Black and Def try to save the store by remaking or "sweding" all the movies, including Ghostbusters, Rush Hour 2, and 2001 Space Odyssey. I love this movie, obviously, since I tend not to write about movies I don't like. I was very disappointed with some of the American public when I heard people leaving the theater sputtering, "Well that was a disaster..." Kids these days just don't understand. These people wouldn't know a work of art if it slapped them in the face. Anyway, despite what some may say, Be Kind Rewind is a wonderful movie. Go see it now.

No comments: