Thursday, February 21, 2008

No New Movies

I've been so busy lately that I have not been able to go see any new movies. To be honest there's really not any good movies out right now anyway. I might go see Definitely, Maybe, but I just haven't had any spare time. So, today I will discuss the play The Phantom of the Opera. It seemed the right thing to do considering I am listening to the soundtrack right now. I saw The Phantom of the Opera about a month ago at Kentucky Center for the Arts. It was so amazing that I went out and bought the soundtrack. I had never seen it on the stage, but I saw the movie a few years ago. The movie just doesn't do it justice, as is with pretty much any play turned into a film. You can see a movie over and over again and it will always be the same, but theatre is a once in a lifetime experience. A play is unique every time it is performed. Back to the point, The Phantom of the Opera was really incredible. That moment when the chandelier is first revealed made me jump out my seat. My only two problems with it are: our seats were really far away (which of course is not the fault of the play) and the Phantom seemed a little short. I realize this sounds very superficial, but, what can I say, it bothered me. Other than that, it was a wonderful experience.

1 comment:

Megan said...

The Phantom was too short...hahaha! I agree though! I expected him to be much taller. I think it would have made him more intimidating.